If you can't find the information you need, you can email us at advice@planningaid.rtpi.org.uk


Caravan Sites: Licensing requirements - Caravan Sites & Control of Development Act, 1960

The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 requires occupiers of land to gain a license before using that land as a caravan site. It does not apply to proposals for camping or glamping sites. The licensing authority is the local borough or district council. It is the primary piece of legislation which sets out the: 

  • requirements,  
  • condition, and  
  • exemptions  

for a caravan site to operate – e.g. to ensure they do not become permanent residence sites.  

There are also model standards for caravan sites to adhere to when planning approval has been granted. Different model standards apply to touring sites, static sites, and residential park home sites. 

Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk